Tips and Tricks for Wearing Fashion Hosiery


1.… it sounds crazy, but a pedicure is almost more important when you are wearing fashion hosiery than when you’re barefooted because it stops your toenails from shredding the hose.

2.  you may want to look for reinforced toes (although this will limit your shoe choices if you have any shoes with a very low vamp).

3. Control-top hose seems to last longer than hose without; this may be because they stay up better and you are not constantly yanking them up.

4. If that isn’t enough, there are gloves that you can buy to wear while putting on your fashion hosiery.

5. My mom suggests to put lotion on your hands when you put fashion hosiery on – it really works, I wear hose on a regular basis and I put them on right after lotioning my legs while I still have some leftover lotion on my hands. Works wonders!!!.

6. A good trick is to freeze your fashion hosiery. It prevents runs and extends their life. I ended up with only one pair of stocking for my son in law's wedding and thanks to freezing they survived three days of events without a snag.

7. Even the slightest bit of spandex will make pantyhose more comfortable and flexible. It extends the life-span of a pair of hose by making it more resistant to snags and it will keep its shape from wear to wear, which means no more elephant knees from sagging nylons. Look for higher percentages of spandex for more support and control. Added spandex will keep a lower denier strong. Not all brands put the denier on the package, so you may have to rely on the descriptions or the samples to find the sheerness that's right for you.


2 comments :

kayleigh jean said...

These tips are really useful especially the one regarding having a pedicure. I've ruined pairs and pairs of hose because I didn't pay attention to my toenails.

The cool Gal said...

Nice tips... thanks for sharing