What to Wear: Pantyhose or Knee high Stockings with pant suit ?

knee high stockings width=
From Fashion Hosiery 101
Many women need to wear corporate attire at their workplace and need to cover their legs in an appropriate  manner. Being in the colder weather, and about to go into the coldest months of the season. They have searched many stores with no luck, and it does not matter whether they are pantyhose or knee high stockings as long as they cover their legs in the right way.

First of all, wearing any close toed shoes barefoot is out of question. What looks better typically depends on what one is used to. Some wear knee high stockings, and others prefer pantyhose with their pant suit which are better (or worse) in terms of shaping the body. I can't tell in the mirror, but would others be able to tell I'm wearing something that is tightening one's shape? Or should one just stick to the knee highs?

Normal pantyhose will not do much to shape your body, unless maybe you wear heavy support pantyhose, which isn't very comfortable. What to wear under pants is a matter of personal preference. I would go for pantyhose over knee high stockings, since they make the pants fir more comfortably, slide on and off easier, and prevent the pants from sticking to your legs when it is warm. As an added bonus it is a very enjoyable feeling to have your legs in sheer smooth pantyhose.

It really comes down to your choices and level of comfort, since people are not going to notice if it's pantyhose or knee high stockings when it comes to your pant suits. Pantyhose doesn't really do anything to tighten your shape, unless you went for the control top pantyhose. But it does have the ability to enhance the look of your legs when you do get to wear a dress or skirt along with a pair of heels.

I've noticed a difference when I wear pantyhose with my pant suits. On top of that they keep my pants from sticking to my legs throughout the day. Wearing pantyhose will help tight pants slip on better if you wear them without panties no panty lines and control top will suck in the tummy some which in some cases could be very welcoming and no comparison to knee high stockings.

On a personal note, if I wear pants, I wear pantyhose with no undies so I have no panty lines, although I never use control top because I actually enjoy breathing.  Pantyhose vs knee high stockings? Nobody will know what you have on under your pants, so ultimately it's personal preference. Don't go too much crazy over it.

2 comments :

Claire said...

yes, to the office it is pantyhose for me too

Lisa said...

I like thigh highs and corsets, not a fan of pantyhose, but will wear thigh highs on occasion.