Seamed Stockings is a Must for Fashionistas!

Seamed Stockings
I like old approach retro lingerie, appropriate corsets and suspender sets with fully fashioned seamed stockings. I know nowadays seamed stockings/nylons are considered a sexy/provocative look, but this wasn't the case in the 30s/40s when the they first came into popularity. Almost all women (who cared to/could afford to) wore seamed stockings.

All nylon stockings were seamed in the 40s and all women who could wore them. They were seamed because a seamstress sewed the ends together to prepare the stocking. Seamless stockings did not spring forth until the 50s. During the war, all nylon was useful for the military, including stockings for military women. Seeing a seam on a woman's leg demonstrated she was acceptably dressed.

During the war, women who could not afford to buy nylon, would use makeup to have their legs appear to be wearing stockings. Those who wanted to give the impression of wearing seamed stockings also used gravy browning to paint the seam on the backs of their legs.

If worn fittingly seamed stockings could put together the whole outfit appear more characteristic and sophisticated. Seamed stockings would be fine for a night out. Even though they were the usual apparel in the 40's I feel they've been relegated to the occasional use as I denote merely by fashion trends.

If you are intending to wear them at the office, just be sure to pair them with a longer skirt...below the knee definitely. Keep in mind, you want to be known for your ability not just how you look. However with a long skirt it's no big deal. Numerous friends and I go out after work. We wear the top and boots and just change into a shorter skirt when we leave the office.

The feel of the seams and the look I find so sensual. I love open toe stilettos as I have french tipped nails. As a woman wearing hosiery of all kind I must confess that 100% sheer nylon stockings with back seam is a one and only experience.

Recently hubby bought me a number of pairs of stockings of different colors and styles together with garter belts. I was surprised how much he payed for them and yes I felt bright eyed that he gave me this as a gift. Only now he asks me to wear the seamed stockings when ever we go out for dinner with friends or shopping. First I never noticed that people looking at me and in some cases I thought guys were taking photo's with their phone. Its a very traditional look that you don't see too much these days. I must confess they look nice and my hubby gets in a particularly "good" mood when I wear the seamed stockings and garter belt together.

1 comment :

Grumpy old man said...

Great post!
Very informative. I love stockings and suspenders, extremely sexy! Back seams ... a bonus!
Have a super day!
Colin.