Are Patterned Tights too Intricate to Wear This Fall?

Patterned Tights
As of late, there has been a big discussion about patterned tights being too complex design wise. It is not so much colored tights that we should be wondering about but how to wear them with the rest of the attire. I think you should keep your outfit simple, and your length short, and make the tights your personal statement. I also think any bold colored tights for Autumn for instance or patterned tights tend to look at their best when using a tone-on-tone technique, or pairing with a neutral color such as: black, grey, navy or even black.

I personally love patterned tights And to date I have got got about twenty different pairs ranging from blue, red, purple, you name it. I think tights look very good with a fall/winter skirt. I usually wear my blue ones with a almost-to-the-knee winter skirt and its very pretty.

The idea of patterned tights is fun I used to have a lot of really cool ones – blue/grey argyle, green/blue argyle, black/white argyle plus some super cool black ones with fun white swirls that I found online years ago.

In the past few years I’ve become somewhat more conservative on hosiery wearing black, brown, navy, dark green and dark burgundy. in any case, this year, I decided to rediscover my “roots.”  I ordered scarlet, two checkerboard and diamond patterns black,white and purple, black and a green, blue tie dye. Short black skirts or a color shirt or shoe that either totally blends or super contrasts with the patterned tights I think is the way to go. Black boots are always cute to complete the attire.

To sum up, patterned tights with a pump is best, since they elongate the leg the most. A peep-toe can look very nice too but you must make sure you do well to conceal the tights ‘toe seam’. However when all is said and done, fashion hosiery is an expression of ones own character and personality, so wear patterned tights however you like and enjoy them!

How i Style - My Black Patterned Tights

2 comments :

Gloria said...

I personally think that patterned tights are OK to wear in the fall as long as you pair them with the right clothes

Terry said...

I think that patterned tights are a great way to add visual interest to any outfit you wear and can be worn in every season of the year.