The Update on Hosiery

So many women today fear ruining their hosiery, struggling to make them fit and feel comfortable for the entire day, and the hosiery industry is now aiming to make something for all females to fit their needs. This initiative is based on making use of numerous diverse fabrics and them in order to have the results one is looking for.

For those women who have not purchased hosiery for some time,standing in front of a hosiery rack at the store can be quite frightening. As a matter of fact, as of today there are so many different brands, each with their own variations made with the latest fabric. They are made to control, contour, hide, soften and protect your shape. They also strive to provide comfort. Each of the different fabrics as a matter of fact provides a different effect

Cotton

Cotton is the most extreme in comfort. It is soft and comes from a plant. It is versatile and enduring. By adding cotton to  fabrics to make hosiery, makes it very comfortable and soft for daily wear.

Wool

Wool is warm and comes from animal hair, and is attractive keeping its shape. Wool is rally ideal for for cooler weather conditions. It essentially prevents moisture from depositing on your skin. Moreover, it also gives a more distinguished, feminine look. When used in unison with other materials, the results give a fabric with the desired effect of wearing hosiery.

Silk

The positive element about silk is that it conforms to the temperature of your body. It is cool in the warmer weather and warm in the colder days, ideal for being worn all year round. It is a refined, natural fiber that gives extreme comfort to your skin. The best thing about it is that it feels good to the touch and lies nicely on your legs and rest of the body. The only drawback though, if you can call it drawback, is that it is not a versatile fabric. More than one fabric is usually blended with silk to make for a good pair of hosiery.

Nylon

Nylon is avtually one of the most popular fabrics used for hosiery since it can easily recover its shape owing to its extreme elasticity. You can stretch the material as much as you want, but it eventually returns to its original size and shape. It is nice and smooth, tough and quite strong. It is a versatile fabric that is ideal for day by day wear.

Spandex

Spandex is gaining vast popularity nowadays in fabricating products like hosiery. It is rather elastic, strong and everlasting. It snuggles the body a little closer than other kinds of fabric. As a result, hosiery products are often a mix of nylon and spandex.

Polyester

For those women who are looking for a wrinkle resistant hosiery, a polyester blend is the best match. It is also light and weather- resistant.

Lycra

Producers of hosiery also refer it to spandex, and this fabric is added to hosiery as it has the capability of bouncing back, thus also giving the hugging sensation over the legs and having the ability to snuggle those possible problem areas for instance the tummy and thighs.

The bottom line is, finding the right combination of fabrics to meet your needs might be the key element into finding comfortable hosiery making you feel confident all day long. The most appropriate hosiery for you can also give you numerous health benefits by diminishing leg pain and lessening your chances of having painful and ugly varicose veins.

Bear in mind, as trends continue to transform in the hosiery industry making them struggle to keep their place in the sales market, we will surely see new combinations of fabric that will give other desired effects for our legs and body.

6 comments :

Liz said...

I have a problem with pantyhose! They’re not cheap, and if I can get two whole uses out of them before they run or I punch a hole in them somewhere I consider myself lucky. When I can’t go bare-legged, I favor tights every time.

Darla said...

I wear No Nonsense pantyhose from the drugstore. They are durable, cheap, not shiny and the right shade for me. I wear them at least twice a week, and the only run I’ve had in the past 6 months was when they got snagged on a loose staple coming out of an upholstered chair. I put them in a mesh laundry bag and throw them in the washer with the rest of my clothes, then line dry. They are great!

Jaquie said...

I reserve pantyhose for formal occasions. When I buy them, I always buy regular old L’eggs silken mist in nude control top. Every single time I splurge for nicer hose, the darn things run the first time I wear them. The L’eggs seem to last a little longer.

Suzy said...

I'm thinking most ladies like me don't even realize when they have a run in their stocking.... especially when it's not biggie it happens to the best of us!

Becca said...

I can't stand when I have a run in my stockings. I think it looks trashy. Now if people somehow didn't notice, it's understandable. But... blech.

Ruby said...

not on purpose - but I actually think some women look really cool, runs and all - like I say, I wouldn't plan to do it (especially because it just looks like you're trying too hard - like wearing town jeans), but I also wouldn't freak out if my stockings got torn - I would just wait until I got home and then throw them away...