Pantyhose and Stockings which are More Practical?


Pantyhose and StockingsPantyhose and stockings can be a pain in the neck from time to time but can also be very sexy. I'm in the late 40's now and have been wearing some kind of hose since I was 12 years old, beginning with my first date to a sixth grade dance. Even if numerous men can get turned on by pantyhose and in particular stockings they don't know how they can be quite uncomfortable.

Maybe the main reason for some women wearing pants is to avoid having to put on pantyhose and stockings as they could be unpleasant to wear. As a matter of fact, they could be hot in the summer and pantyhose have the annoying habit of drooping if they are the wrong size and consequently having to sneak off and pull them back up. Another thing that happens very frequently is they run too, and that can get quire costly. Pantyhose are the worst, since a run in one foot or leg means you have to toss the whole pair.

On the other hand, pantyhose and stockings do make your legs look perfect and wearing them can be very pleasurable. In my case, during an average week I could  stockings maybe twice . Like every woman (or nearly every woman) wearing pantyhose could give you frequent yeast infections (a problem few men know how horrible it could be) and my gynecologist suggested I wear more stockings than pantyhose. I still occasionally wear pantyhose (especially when I have no clean underwear) but I have been wearing mostly stockings as of late, both thigh-highs and standard garter stockings.

They are more practical, plus if you get a run in one leg you simply throw it out and don't have to buy a new pair. They are also very sexy. Even just wearing pantyhose and stockings is a good way to get attention as men seem to always stare at you. You can have a ton of fun flashing and teasing . At my senior prom (many decades ago) my girlfriend and I both started dancing with the band including pulling our dresses up every now and then to flash everyone with our garters and stockings tops. Another example of how hosiery can be seductive is at the working place. A conservative girlfriend of mine wore stockings with a garter belt to her job at a bank and when she crossed her legs, she noticed that all the men in the office were spying on her legs.

Not too long ago, I read an article that claimed that women over 40 should never wear nude pantyhose and stockings as they look dull and unfashionable. I've never been called unfashionable and I don't know what looking nude pantyhose is dull, but that article made me a little angry. What color hosiery do you wear with skirts? You don't have to be over 40 to answer.I wear nude, black and hosiery of various colors all year round because that's what I like.

And last but not least, some women claim that black pantyhose and stockings are slimming. on the contrary, black isn't ALWAYS slimming. It is not slimming if the cut of the clothing isn't well-fitting. Do not forget that darks camouflage and brights emphasize. So, when you're talking about hosiery. You could always don a sheer black that would let light in that would reflect off the hose, making it appear slightly fuller.

3 comments :

Kayla said...

I can understand if the ladies find them uncomfortable to wear and especially pantyhose are not very practical,but i do miss the days when us ladies wore hose all the time,to me there was nothing finer than a nice pair of legs in hose,but i guess time and fashions move on

Sharon said...

I have no issues with wearing pantyhose or stockings just have to be careful when putting them on so they don't have runs or break. I usually use gloves for my stockings.

Brandi said...

Rubber gloves enable an easy donning without injuring the stockings with your nails or fingers. They gently grip on the stocking and allow the best fit on the leg.