Layering Pantyhose in Winter

This is something new to me. Funny I never thought of  layering pantyhose. I started doing this with fishnet stockings in the fall and found I was slightly warmer with the sheer hose underneath, as well as easier to slip the fishnet hose on the silky under-layer. In winter and when it is extremely cold, I have layered thermals under my jeans and trousers. But the thing is they tend to bunch around the waist area and are more than often so tall they hit the area of my belly button.

Some of my girlfriends do it every day in this time of year - in some places it is cold and the women's hose under jeggings or or leggings with  a skirt makes them feel cozy and warm. I was thinking you can also add a pair of socks on top of that while wearing boots. No one can see them on you and surely will keep your toes nice and toasty.

Moreover there are some women who strongly dislike pants so they tend to live in leggings and dresses in the winter. They find that layering hose is often not warm enough for them, so they add on one more layer. They'll put on knee socks under knit hose, adding on a layer of opaque tights for above freezing days and thick knit leggings for below freezing days. Having that extra layer of warmth around the foot really helps keep warm, and wearing a long coat doesn’t hurt either.You could also treat leggings like hose in the winter. After all,  wearing them with boots mostly so no one can see them but over hose they tend to be just as warm or warmer than doubling up on hose alone.

Layering pantyhose in the right way,  can be just as warm in a skirt as in pants. If you work in an office that is crazy hot most winter days wearing a light pair of tights with leg warmers, boots and a long coat is warm enough for the commute, and then the leg warmers are really easy to take off at the desk to be dressed appropriately for the heat.

I adore the look of colored hose under patterned hose, it really can open up several hosiery options. This tends to Work well in particular with lace-type hose as the top layer. This is something that never occurred to me until I saw my girlfriend Mia wearing them! Makes perfect sense. It doesn’t get that terribly cold here compared to some other places, but I get really uncomfortable when the temp drops below 65.

Last but not least, have you tried fleece lined tights? I just got some as a gift from a friend and I love them! You must to add them to your wardrobe!another trick is to layer leggings over your hose and under your skirt – You could wear a lot of longer skirts, so you can ‘scooch’ the leggings up to where they don’t show. You can also get bike short or Capri length leggings, depending on where you like your skirts to hit.

4 comments :

Alba said...

I alternate between layering tights and stockings especially in the coldest days of winter.

Sonia said...

I usually layer pantyhose, then RHT copper stockings which gives my legs a nice finished look

Adriana said...

Stockings layered over pantyhose is a fun thing to do once in a while to turn your man on The stockings I use are Victoria's Secret in tan over a pair of Rubino 22 Falke pantyhose, not only do they look great, but feel wonderful on my legs! You can wear your hosiery this way with shorts or skirt!

Connie said...

Excellent! I really do not like nude colored hosiery, but when you cover them with that layer of beautiful black

pantyhose they look great together.