Women Look Cool In Black Tights

Black TightsWhile you’re exposing your dresses and skirts into the new season, you’re going to want something to wear to keep your legs warm. Wouldn’t it be great if your leg-wear could not only be functional, but could also be an extension of your wonderful attire? Oh wait, maybe it really can.

That’s where another one of the winter's hottest trends comes in! This season in particular, designers are taking the black tights trend of the previous years up one step further. This time, the most fashionable kinds of black tights for Winter come in interesting patterns and colors.

To be honest with all of you faithful readers , I can’t seem to wrap my head around this at how lucky I am – I love my skirts to death, and I fortunately have the stick-thin legs or build for tights. Moreover, they seem glamorous onscreen, or on Gossip Girl. Maybe it’s just because I live where it is bitterly cold, so I’m thrilled that in the colder seasons, the weather gets so cold..

I really am eager on how to integrate black tights with my wardrobe, as I have a pretty more “classic”  fashion forward style, on the other hand, I’m still wanting to work in interesting fashion trends. The only time I’ve ever seen tights worn well and not too overly trendy was with a sweater dress, and that’s pretty defacto.

I also have an obsession with black tights and have been for years now. I already know I’ll be all about the grey and black and occasionally patterned tights. I particularly love Hanes tights! Pants are not really necessary in the fall and winter contrary to popular belief and preferences.

There are some women who like tights with patterns, and others think that they are so retro (not the good retro either) and they prefer the solid colour ones or the ones with simple patterns like polka dots stripes or stars. Then there are some likeme who adore wearing plain black tights.



Needless to say, black tights aren’t right for everyone! As I always say here, pick and  choose. If you hate one trend go with another one. As for leggings, it’s okay. I’m not a fan of them anymore because so many females wear them like pants, but if you wear leggings under a longer top or skirt, they can still look good. If you’re looking for legwear, black opaque tights are the way to go! but hen again to each women her style.

Then there is another category of women who love leggings and footless black tights. Some people don’t. I have always asked myself why people don't allow others to wear the style they like. There are many awesome styles, but some think we have to all dress the same. These not only feel great in cool weather, they allow those with less than perfect legs (99% of us) to use leggy styles. Even those with perfect legs can use leggings/tights when they want a classier leggy look (face it, miniskirts are not appropriate everywhere).

I personally also love wearing lace black tights. a floral pattern makes an edgy outfit a little more feminine. even now I love to rock tights with my mini dresses stilettos. Summarizing, let us women continue a great style that has been around for millenia (though, I admit, we stole it from men and now they are scared to use it.) that is wearing black tights.

2 comments :

Grumpy old man said...

Hi Frankie,

I have to agree, a nice pair of fem legs look extra sexy in black tights, add a pair of heels, and you have a winning combo.

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the kind comment and great wishes on my site.

Hope your year is also off to a great start.

Best wishes.
Colin.

Kristen said...

I love wearing tights when its cooler out although I do wear em in the summer sometimes. I wear pantyhose a lot in the summertime such as jet black,off black and suntan shades. I wear tights with my denim skirts, short dresses and boots or even heels.I like them a lot better than the Capri tights as they make your ankles look too skinny.