Stockings and High Heels with White Dress

Stockings and High Heels
I went to visit my cousin the other day and we had a nice time together. We talked about our intention on going shopping together this weekend and she told me she had plans for Saturday evening but was free for me on Sunday. She also told me she was going to wear a particularly short new white dress which she planned to wear this Saturday night going out with her girlfriends. She was also thinking of wearing stockings and high heels with it, but she didn't know which style, brand or color to choose from.

She was asking my advice as I was older than her and as I am a hosiery "guru" (so she said). I told her to wear nude or tan... and to get a shiny pair (L'eggs Sheer Energy and Victoria's Secret are a couple that have a nice shine that I've personally worn). I also mentioned to her that as long as the hosiery are sheer toe you are fine with wearing open toe shoes, and it also depended on what the toe of the stocking looks like, if its reinforced, and its just a peep toe I'd say it would be fine, if it illustrates the reinforced part and regular stocking It would be a no no, if its just a regular seamed toe, therefore the best thing to do was to try it on and if it didn't look bad to her therefore wear it, but if the seam rode up to the top side of her toes it may have looked look awkward..

I'd never wear black stockings...my mom told my sisters that black stockings under a white dress will look like you have dirty underwear i would assume the same on brown, but other colors. Shoes can go with any color to high light the dress if there's a pattern in the dress as a result wear a shoe(pointy pump or pointy stiletto) to match it.

As I'm against closed toe heels and no stockings, but I told her that bat the end of the day, it was her call because she was the one wearing that outfit and I wouldn't be at the club...lol

No comments :