The Idea of Wearing Colored Tights for Summer

Colored Tights
The idea of wearing colored tights can be a little daunting, but done right, they are just the go-item you could do with in your arsenal of accessories for your wardrobe.

If you already wear opaque tights, you are most liable to wear black, with the sporadic chocolate or dark grey pair thrown in for good measure. Stick with dark colors in neutrals, but think outside the box. Colors like eggplant, navy and burgundy look fantastic paired with a black skirt or dress.

Tights are just the thing to get more mileage out of your summer dresses. Dresses in neutral or dark shades instantaneously look appropriate when you anchor them with dark tights. For shoes, you always want to go with chocolate or black. Anything metallic or strappy runs the risk of becoming unfashionable, so look for closed-toe shoes in the two staple shades.

It is not so much colored tights that we should be questioning…but how to wear them.
Keep your outfit plain, and your length short, and make the tights your statement. I think any bold colored tights or patterned tights always look best either using a tone-on-tone method, or pairing with a neutral color; for instance black, grey, navy or hmmmm… black. I also think bold tights with a pump are best, as they help lengthen the leg the most. A peep-toe can look super cute but you do well to hide the tights ‘toe seam’.

I think pantyhose are the sexiest thing on the earth. I wish women would wear them on a daily basis. It’s nice to hear women talking about them. I often wear colored and patterned tights. The key is to make the color the only bright part of the outfit…especially if you are insecure of it. I have started to do the reverse. Wear grey, black, brown, white tights with bright colored garments. That is fun as well.

I love the idea of bright and fun tights! I used to have a lot of really fashionable ones - blue/grey argyle, green/blue argyle, black/white argyle plus some super trendy black ones with fun white swirls that I found in Italy years ago. In the past few years I’ve become somewhat more conservative - black, brown, navy, dark green and dark burgundy.

HOWEVER, this year, I ordered scarlet, two checkerboard/diamond patterns black/white and purple/black and a green/blue tie dye. Shortish black skirts or a color shirt or shoe that either totally blends or super contrasts with the tights I think is the way to go. Black boots are always cute. So, despite the fact that I’m not a kid, this look fits my life style and doesn’t actually shock any person when I wear unusual things.

On the other hand when all is said and done, fashion is an expression of ones own character and personality, so wear them however you like and get pleasure from it!



No comments :